The Pet Door – Ruff Weather – Medium is for pets from 13 to 35 pounds. It uses two flaps that creates a pocket of air to provide a layer of insulation. This will help cut down on loss of heat or air conditioning around the pet door. When installed in doors the air pocket can be up to 3 inches. When installed in walls the pocket can be up to 9 inches for maximum energy efficiency. If you live in an area of high winds need to determine the pet door’s location. Pet doors not in a protected area may need a wall installation. This could be your best bet for insulating from the high winds.
Replacement flaps for this door are available here under Ruff Weather Replacement Flap – Pet Door. If the pet door needs to go through a thicker wall the Ruff Weather – Pet Door Wall Kit is available.
Dimensions of the Pet Door – Ruff Weather – Medium pet door:
- Flap Sizes (2): 7-1/4 inches by 13 inches
- Cut-out: 8-1/4 inches by 14-7/8 inches
- Overall: 11-3/8 inches by 17-7/16 inches
- For pets from 13 to 35 pounds
Features of the Pet Door – Ruff Weather – Medium:
- Structural foam plastic frame – use with doors ranging from 3/4 inches to 1-3/4 inches thick
- The Double Vinyl Flap is design for energy efficiency and creates 3 inch air pocket for maximum insulation
- Includes a Weatherseal & Nylon Window Pile for added insulation.
- Also available an optional pet door Wall Kit designed for installation in walls from 4-3/4 inches to 7-1/4 inches thick. Sold separately.
- Replacement flaps are available when needed. Sold separately.
- Ideal Pet Products Pet Door