Shop by category
- Aquarium – Pumps – Filters – Heaters – Decorations (82)
- Batteries (4)
- Cages for Birds – Small and Large (6)
- Cat Furniture for Indoors (5)
- Hamsters – Small Pet Products (26)
- Houses for Pet Chickens (4)
- Hutches & Pens for Pet Rabbits (16)
- Items for Reptiles & Others (8)
- Pet Carriers – Dogs Cats Others (6)
- Pet Doors – Dogs & Others (58)
- Pet Fences and Accessories (22)
- Pet Gates for Dogs and Others (74)
- Pet Tracking Items (2)
- Ramps for Dogs – Other Pets (12)
- Treadmills-Treadwheels for Dogs (7)
- Vehicle Seats for Dogs – Pets (5)
- Waste Disposal Items for Pets (10)
Pet Gates for Dogs and Others
While the pet gates in Pet Gates for Dogs and Others are mainly used with dogs but they can be used for other pets or small children. Pet gates are also sometimes referred to as baby gates. When deciding which pet gate to get you need to take into consideration what it will be used for – to contain a specific type of pet or a child. There are three types of pet gates listed at this website:
- Freestanding (not attached to anything) which can be used anywhere
- Pressure or tension mounted (uses pressure to keep it in place) which is used in doorways, hallways, or stairs
- Attached or mounted (physically attached to a stud or post) which is used in doorways, hallways, or stairs
If the pet gate is going to be used with a small child then an attached pet gate should probably be used. With the other types of pet gates the child could possible knock them over. Each pet gate is usually just for indoor use or for outdoor use.
There is a variety of styles and sizes to choose from when selecting a pet gate from one of the subcategories under Pet Gates for Dogs and Others. They can be made from wood, metal, plastic, or a combination of any of these. They also come in different widths and heights. They can also have a door within the gate to make is easy to pass through when it is in use. There are also gate extensions available with some of the gates. These extensions can either increase the overall width or the height of the gate.
An example of the pet doorway gate (or a pet gate with a door) is the gate Bamboo One Touch Tension Pet Gate – it blocks the doorway but has a door in it to make it easy to go through. The 70 inch pet gate Bamboo Freestanding Large-Low Pet Gate is an example of an expandable pet gate – it varies from 40 inches to 70 inches.
The Bay Isle Freestanding Large Pet Gate – Short is considered a standing walk over gate pet gate because while it is long in width it is short in height which is 20 inches. This makes it easy to step over the pet gate. Short pet gates should only be used with small animals who are not jumpers. The Four Panel EZ Freestanding Pet Gate – Small is an example of a folding wood pet gate or any folding pet gate that can be folded up for easier storage when not in use. If there is a need for an extra wide pet gate the Expandable Straight-Line Pet Gate which is an attached pet gate could work for you – it can expand up to 85 inches.
Pet Gates for Dogs and Others sub categories:
- Attach-Mounted Indoor Pet Gates
- Free Standing Indoor Pet Gates
- In – Out Pet Gates Extension
- Pet Gates for Outdoors
- Pressure-Tension Indoor Pet Gate